2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Hi all,

Returned home from work today in my new (new to me) 08 Type S GT which I picked up from Lookers Honda Nottingham 2 weeks ago to be confronted with a large amount of oil on the drive (see pic), my first thoughts were aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh, followed by *Edited by HM**, followed by *Edited by HM**! I quickly jumped out the car and checked underneath, sure enough dripping oil all over the plastic guard. I've checked the dipstick and it has oil but lowish. Was straight on the phone to Lookers and am taking it in tomorrow morning 8am. The car was serviced by Honda before we picked it up and I'm hoping its something like filter seal split not something major ...... fingers crossed.

What makes me laugh is that my new civic has lost more oil in one day that my past 3 civics combined in 10 years, I really hope this isn't the sign of things to come.

Will let you know what Lookers say and do.

I will also push for compensation for my driveway ...... its going to take my chuffing hours to clean that up!

Attachments

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Firstly I would like to apologise for the bad language and thanks for HappyMan editing out the same. I was overcome with red mist at the realisation that my new Civic is not invincible and my previous 3 were :( from now on if the red mist takes hold it'll be words like 'fiddlesticks' and 'blooming flips'.

Anyway, I'm off at a tangent! :p

Just got back from Lookers Honda and the oil leaks wasn't from the engine but the gearbox!!!??!!! I'm unsure if that's more worrying, has anybody else had the same problem? The guys at Lookers said a bung had worked loose!?! Anyway its fixed, gearbox topped up and levels checked (my lowish reading of engine oil is due to driveway being on a slight slope) and underneath of the car cleaned.

This still leaves the problem of oil all over my driveway ...... Lookers offered to send the valeters round to my address and clean it, probably by the weekend. This is a good offer apart from the fact my better half went ballistic at the state of the drive and wanted clean asap (rightly so) ........ so I suggested that I clean the drive and as my car is booked in this Saturday for a 09 Type S grill fitted could we come to some arrangement with the labour costs. Lookers agreed to fit the grill free of charge.

RESULT!

Their guidance is that the grill is one hours labour (about £94 after VAT) I had already negogiated that down to £64 last week when I booked it in, now fitting is FREE.

Well done Lookers, good customer service.

The downside of this experience is that my confidence in the new civic has taken a knock, I had every confidence in my old ones.

The other bad point is that I've got a couple of hours of drive scrubbing before the missus gets home :(

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers WC, they were most apologetic regarding the problem, and customer service to me makes a company ....... anyway enough typing for me I've got a driveway to clean lol

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
should be pretty easy to clean as I'm told gear oil isn't as bad as engine oil, apparent I will require a lot of elbow grease to remove said stains .......... wish me luck!

I am prognasticating aren't I lol

right off to apply elbow grease

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heart ....... pounding ........... pulse ........... pulsating!!!

phew, finished ....... well for now, hard to tell really, as drive is wet but it might another go, just got to keep thinking 'free fitting' :)

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will do WC, I've checked my back catalogue of some 3000 photos on the off chance that I've taken one of my blank drive ........ unfortunately not (mind you I would have been worried about my mental state if I had!) so I can't use an old one :( like I said I think it'll take a couple of more sessions with de-greaser and stiff yard brush then I'll take a piccy :).

Got to keep thinking 'free fitting' ......... and I suppose it's good exercise!

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
*UPDATE*

Left work early today to go and do a bit of shopping ......... as I'm now paranoid about oil loss I checked under the car before I drove off, guess what .... that's right oil dripping from the under tray!!!!!!!

Off to Lookers Honda ........

They were concerned as me and quickly got it into the garage and up on the ramp, 10 mins later they said they couldn't see where the oil was coming from and thought it might be some oil from the previous leak that was trapped somewhere in the large under tray. Last time they didn't take off the large tray just a smaller area to get to the gearbox to fix the leak from the bung, then cleaned very thing down. .......... I know, I was loosing the will at this point as well.

Anyway they've took off the large tray to have a good look at everything and still couldn't see where it was coming from so am going back on Saturday after they have steam cleaned the tray and in the meantime I've got a large piece of cardboard under the car (whilst it's parked on my semi-scrubbed drive) to see if anymore oil comes out.....

Has anyone else had this problem??

To top it all I was informed that all the parts for my Type S grill hasn't arrived D rmhte p my mr

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry my little angel hit 'post quick reply' before I finished typing .......

the grill won't be fitted it March

Not happy :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts