2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems with oil level sensor warning light. Constantly on. Engine just been replaced. Everything checked and checked again by mechanic. Appears as Orange. Informed if appears red then a problem Regular fault apparently. However, bugs the hell out of me and want rid. Taken sticker off old unit to buy replacement. 32117-RZO-G....the rest I am struggling to read. Honda have quoted £107.52+vat. MBuycarparts.co.uk appear to have similar devices for c.£40 but OEM no appears different. Friend will fit if I can get hold of. Would anyvody be able to offer any assistance MANY THANKS

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,530 Posts
Can't answer your question by what was the reason you had to re engine? I thought the 1.6 was meant to be bullet proof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't answer your question by what was the reason you had to re engine? I thought the 1.6 was meant to be bullet proof.

I found my last Civic 1.7 with Isuzu engine better than Mark IX model with Honda Engine. I tend not to service them (time issue) instead running them into the ground, then buy new. Usually get c.220k before experience any major problems.... have tried oil level sensor from last and this engine and still Orange icon. Appears as if I am going to need to take to Honda for diagnostic check / re-mapping..Appears to be more a software issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts