2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
My 10th gen civic 1.0 L petrol is on the standard servicing schedule, 12500 miles or 12 months (variable service turned off by the dealer). I was told by the dealership that i should bring the car in for oil changes when the Oil life monitor tells me.
The car has @15000 miles but i've never seen the Oil change light coming on.
Does anyone know if this is normal?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The oil was changed at 12.5k miles, but the Oil change indicator never came on. My understanding was that even with the SVRS disabled, the Oil life monitor will indicate when the oil needs to be changed.

·
i-Vtec
2,550 Posts
So the oil was changed at 12,500, your now at 15,000 and the light has not come on? Why would it come on 2500 after an oil change? Or are you asking why it never came on at or before 12500?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the oil was changed at 12,500, your now at 15,000 and the light has not come on? Why would it come on 2500 after an oil change? Or are you asking why it never came on at or before 12500?
Yes, that's exactly my concern. The Oil change light never came on since i've bought the car, one and a half years and 15000 miles ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
But why would it come on if you are changing the oil at the recommended interval. ?
Well, this is what they told me, that even with the variable service turned off i should bring the car in for an oil change when the Oil life monitor comes on.

·
4,211 Posts
They probably meant IF (not when) the oil monitor light comes on before the scheduled servicing. Stop worrying about it, but if that can't happen, do the glaringly obvious thing and ask the dealer exactly what he meant. The 'wisdom of the web' is frequently inaccurate and sometimes just plain wrong, grt the Facts from Honda (that is if they know)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts