2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled up tonight and did the usual check oil before i drive off everything normal, i then drive 6 miles home and pull up at some lights im sat there for around 30secs then think sod it i'll be waiting a while so up comes the handbrake foot off clutch (in gear:facepalm2:) so the car stalls and up flashes the oil pressure warning then the normal check system flashes up, start car no warning messages, i get home and purposely stall it to see if it happens all i get is the check system message.
So has this happened to anyone before i've read it does happen (something to do with being stationary) and read you only have to worry if it comes up whilst driving.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Aye, the engine's not turning so not turning the oil pump, but the ECU still thinks it should be. Every now and again the oil warning light could come on briefly if the ECU hasn't realised the engine has stopped, then go off when it does.

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate since the head gasket problem i had on my last car (same age) i always pap myself when i see these flash up, i shall sleep easy tonight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts