2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a service done next month and as the garage said they would use 10w40 I will be providing my own oil... how much do I need to buy, 4 or 5 litres?

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Getting a service done next month and as the garage said they would use 10w40 I will be providing my own oil... how much do I need to buy, 4 or 5 litres?
5 litres should do the trick

Oil - Civinfo Wiki

it doesn't mention the capacity for the R here, but by the 1.4 holding 4.2litres and the 1.8 holding 4.5 litres, I think 5 litres should be about right.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I think supplying 5 litres is pretty normal. The last service on my 1.8 took all of the 4l bottle and some of the 1l bottle.

Also don't use 10w40 unless it is fully synthetic, don't use anything labelled semi-synthetic, part-synthetic or synthetic. Must be labelled fully synthetic.

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
0w30 0w40 10w40 fully synthetic are all acceptable.

Check out opie oils/ ask the oilman on their section on the traders for any more info. I tend to use Fuchs Titan or millers oils!

Sent via NecronomiPhon

·
Registered
76 Posts
0w30 0w40 10w40 fully synthetic are all acceptable.

Check out opie oils/ ask the oilman on their section on the traders for any more info. I tend to use Fuchs Titan or millers oils!

Sent via NecronomiPhon
Not sure why it's not on the list, but I have 0w20 in my CTR. It's what Honda puts in, in our neck of the woods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts