2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I was thinking about getting oil temperature gauge installed, but not sure about the place of oil temp sensor. I know there are sandwich plates that can be placed in oil filter, but I have heard that they can be faulty, can have problems with o rings etc... also hard to install as there is very little place around the filter in FN2...

but

I have come across sump plug sensor adaptor = just a simple plug that has another hole in center of it where the sensor can be placed. Have anyone any experiences with such a thing? I dont mind so much about super precision readings, just to know when the engine is really hot enough to start rev it or when to slow down to not overheat it. Or do you have some other ideas where the sensor can be easily placed?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey!

I was thinking about getting oil temperature gauge installed, but not sure about the place of oil temp sensor. I know there are sandwich plates that can be placed in oil filter, but I have heard that they can be faulty, can have problems with o rings etc... also hard to install as there is very little place around the filter in FN2...

but

I have come across sump plug sensor adaptor = just a simple plug that has another hole in center of it where the sensor can be placed. Have anyone any experiences with such a thing? I dont mind so much about super precision readings, just to know when the engine is really hot enough to start rev it or when to slow down to not overheat it. Or do you have some other ideas where the sensor can be easily placed?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Feel's sell an adapter. Can get it from RHDJapan

Forum rules won't let me post the link....

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Best bet is a good quality sandwich plate. Sump plug will work but be inaccurate as the sump will act as a heatsink. Easy enough to fit however.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts