2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am the proud owner of a 2012 2.2 iDTEC and I loved it, it is a nice quiet refined diesel, it had done 5,800 when I got it and according to the Honda dealers it had had an oil change, I checked the oil level and it was on half, I then did a run up to Scotland, after about 80 miles the smell of extreme heat came into the car but I could find no problems under the bonnet, (perhaps I should have checked under the car,DPF etc) I checked the oil some days later, after the long run and it was on full?
Honest John says among other things get the oil and filter changed, the Honda dealers say there is no problem, everything is hunky dory, these engines are spot on and if any carry over of fuel oil into the sump had occured due to the DPF being blocked the DPF alarm would shown and the engine would have gone into limp mode. I do intend to get the oil and filter changed ASAP because I believe that the PDF was blocked and the system kept pumping fuel into the exhaust to burn out the soot and the extreme heat hasn't happened since despite another long run.
Can anyone add any advice or info please..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts