·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
1:35, but then will it be wet or dry?

I will really have to dig out my copy of TG when they had the Type R on the front and see what they had

·
Registered
126 Posts
Voted: Faster - Between 1:35.6 and 1:36.4

Changed my mind after posting in the similar thread. That's assuming the same conditions mind.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll be going with the normal 'TG rules' for damp / wet / snowbound / fog bound track times :wink:

(If needed, and if anyone can remember how much time to take off LOL)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so then - so far 30% are saying that the New R will be slower than the New R... :D

Plus 1 vote for a crash - but that might just be for entertainment value I guess :wink: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
My vote assumes a good dry track! (1.34 or less). I think the Stig will beat his previous time.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
My last car a Mazda RX8(230) did the the Top Gear track in 1:31.8

I would like to think the Type R would be just as fast:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
467 Posts

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
I've found the old CTR did it in 1 min 32.8secs. Bit confusing.
Your not the only one confused by that. In the other post I have asked for the link to this info as I have checked the site and my back copies of Top Gear mag and still cannot find this info :confused:

Also according to their mail and the site, the Lap times are kept upto date, so I find it hard to believe that its done a quicker time and they haven't changed the board :p

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Just read the magazine review - the Type-R went round in 1.34.3...

So I reckon my votes right [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
126 Posts
well they're bound to mention the time the old CTR did in the programme, so this poll can be adjusted (in our heads) to whether the new CTR will beat it by 1 sec, 2secs, or slower by 1 sec, 2 sec etc.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
If the Stig was driving it would have been faster still... Instead of that fat Prick...

I assume you mean driving in the race against the old one, as the Stig was driving on the power lap.

I do think they should have let someone else drive for the race, after he slagged it off in his previous review he was never going to try to hard and prove himself wrong was he. He seemed to give up towards the end of the race. :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
I dont get it, seems everyone says "it's faster than the old" but according to the picture by civic_jaso it is implied that the old one is still faster by 0.7 secs?

I don't have BBC so couldnt watch the show though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts