2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I drove my mates old type R today its a Silver 02 reg really great condition it felt really quick has anyone owned the older shape type r ?? and if so did you notice any differences ?? he has only got an induction kit on it and 17's wheels on it :popcorn:

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Not owned but driven plenty, it certainly can easily be perceived as "quicker", far more raw and less soundproofing to which makes it sound louder (not better).

Also it has no limiting factors like VSA, and because of it's age had probably bedded in nicely. If he's got a good induction kit it would also make a difference i.e Gruppe M.

In reality though it's not any quicker, if you search youtube you will find videos of them being neck and neck and then from around 80MPH up the FN2 starts edging in front.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Well EP3 is 197BHP, FN2 is 198BHP but as I and many have proved are pushing more than 200BHP usually. Secondly the FN2 has a wider power band and shorter gear ratio's.

There really is nothing between them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good Point I probably just need some trackday experience to get the best out of my Type R ;)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i had a ep3 ctr for 4 years. and i have a fn2 since 2007.

for me the fn2 is faster stock. I had a kpro (and other things) in the ep3 and it was very fast with mods.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Not owned but driven plenty, it certainly can easily be perceived as "quicker", far more raw and less soundproofing to which makes it sound louder (not better).

Also it has no limiting factors like VSA, and because of it's age had probably bedded in nicely. If he's got a good induction kit it would also make a difference i.e Gruppe M.

In reality though it's not any quicker, if you search youtube you will find videos of them being neck and neck and then from around 80MPH up the FN2 starts edging in front.
I agree with Mr JP. I owned an EP3 for 3 years and the raw, noisy, go kart like ride in the EP3 made it feel faster. The FN2 is so much more refined but in my experience certainly not slower.
The FN2 also feels as if it has a little bit more pulling power lower down the revs. Vtec kicks in slightly earlier too :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts