2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have experienced the flat battery problem on my 06 car and would appreciate any advice. Started last year when car left for two days after 120 mile journey, jump started OK and drove home. original battery so changed.
Last week after 120 mile drive left car for 4 days unused, went to open with remote but would not unlock, opened manually, charged battery (out of car), when replaced found that keycode was not recognised and had to get them reprogrammed at dealer after recovery. Battery and alternator checked, no faults I am told. Losing the keycode is a bit worrying. There seems to be problems with fuse boxes on later models but not 06.
Any comments most welcome.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Obviously, there's a "drain to earth" somewhere ...

For instance, the 2.2 can also have a particular issue related to an oil sensor, that doesn't go into 'hibernation' when the ignition is off ...

I've left my 1.8 outside in sub-zero temperatures for the best part of 2 weeks, and it fired up first time, just as normal ...

There's lost of discussion \ advice in here about 'current drain' ...

The Search function and the Wiki are your friends ! ...

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Hi guys,
I have experienced the flat battery problem on my 06 car and would appreciate any advice. Started last year when car left for two days after 120 mile journey, jump started OK and drove home. original battery so changed.
Last week after 120 mile drive left car for 4 days unused, went to open with remote but would not unlock, opened manually, charged battery (out of car), when replaced found that keycode was not recognised and had to get them reprogrammed at dealer after recovery. Battery and alternator checked, no faults I am told. Losing the keycode is a bit worrying. There seems to be problems with fuse boxes on later models but not 06.
Any comments most welcome.
I had an identical situation with a flat battery and loss of keycode as well. It was under warranty and car had to be uplifted to local Honda dealer. As Far as I know it was a firmware issue which was updated. It is related to the dipstick or oil sensor staying active and draining the battery. Happened a couple of years ago and battery has been fine since then.

·
Registered
275 Posts
could be one of a few things causing the battery drain i am affraid. you need to find out what the battery drain is by reading the dark current draw from the battery. could very well be the oil level sensor problem so speak to your dealer about checking/updating your cars ecm software. this drain can be intermittant and may not be detected during diagnosis. best have your car checked to rule this out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:- I informed the Service manager that there could be a problem with oil sensor and surprise! surprise! he suggested that an ECU update might help, which has been done today, so time will tell.
Thanks again to all who helped.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I have the same age car as you.
I had similar problems, flat battery, green key light of death, but also had the tailgate lock also go intermittent with me.
Mine turned out to be Alarm Unit slowly breaking down. Well that seems to be the case at the moment.
Alarm Unit replaced + key recoding £652.

Was also told that there is no protection circuit for the alarm on the early models. So also have to be careful with Alarm as well as have keys out of car when messing with the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts