2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am currently looking for a Civic 2.2 cdti. The only ones in my meager budget are super high miles or cat d's but that doesn't bother me. These cars seem pretty reliable well bar the clutch :eek:.

So if I bought a car with 150k miles and remapped it (clutch aside) would that get me to 200k miles+?

My brother has a 2.2 cdti FR-V so not the first diesel and my brother has a EP2 civic so not our first Honda :p

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Hi guys,

I am currently looking for a Civic 2.2 cdti. The only ones in my meager budget are super high miles or cat d's but that doesn't bother me. These cars seem pretty reliable well bar the clutch :eek:.

So if I bought a car with 150k miles and remapped it (clutch aside) would that get me to 200k miles+?

My brother has a 2.2 cdti FR-V so not the first diesel and my brother has a EP2 civic so not our first Honda :p
Welcome to the site mate :D

Would it get you to 200K? I don't know, and nor will anyone else, too many variables to make a prediction.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the site mate :D

Would it get you to 200K? I don't know, and nor will anyone else, too many variables to make a prediction.
I know what you mean but is there engines out there with 250k+ miles on them? I know it's a relatively new car but seeing silly high mile engines gives you some confidence. You don't see many 200k fiats! :p

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,241 Posts
Depends what your budget is mate.... By the time I'm rid of mine, my 60 mile per day round commute is going to ensure I have intergalactic mileage but saying that, my commute does not involve stop start driving in slow traffic.... Give me a motorway high miler any day over a city low miler.

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Hello and welcome think giving us a budget would help

Also maybe invest the money for the remap in the initial purchase to help you get something a bit better then re save for a remap once you get used to the power

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers for the response guys. Seems very friendly here. :)

I'm looking to spend about £3k. A tad more like £3250 if it was an EX or 3 door. I know thats not much but I do nearly 750 miles a week at the moment so even if I get a mint low miler it won't stay low miles.

High miles don't put me off unless the car is trashed. I know modern engines can take alot of miles, well good ones any ways.

I'm even looking at cat d's. Not something I normally entertain but again if its mechanically sound it all good. I take good care of my cars oil change every 6k never floor it when cold etc etc and my cars have been good back to me.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,241 Posts
Cheers for the response guys. Seems very friendly here. :)

I'm looking to spend about £3k. A tad more like £3250 if it was an EX or 3 door. I know thats not much but I do nearly 750 miles a week at the moment so even if I get a mint low miler it won't stay low miles.

High miles don't put me off unless the car is trashed. I know modern engines can take alot of miles, well good ones any ways.

I'm even looking at cat d's. Not something I normally entertain but again if its mechanically sound it all good. I take good care of my cars oil change every 6k never floor it when cold etc etc and my cars have been good back to me.
I think with your budget your looking at something like this.

Honda Civic 2.2i-CTDi Sport 5dr

You're not going to get anything with less than 80k Miles..... Saying that, I bought a Mazda 323F yers ago which was over 14 years old with 147k on the clock for £550 and it gave me 3 years of trouble free motoring, sailed through its MOT's and all it cost me was a set of tyres.... So like yourself, miles don't bother me... When I got my FK3 14 month ago it only had 53k on the clock but I paid a little bit more than you are looking to spend. Nice cars though and been bullet proof so far and have covered 28k in the process...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts