2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, hope you are all well and enjoyng life in general,

I am on the verge of buying an 06 ES 2.2 TD, I have read loads of "expert" reviews on this car such as Top gear, fifth gear and what car plus many others. The reviews are all good with an exception to one or two issues.
So,
Thought it would be better to get the opinion of the real people who drive this Civic.

Could some kind fellow provide me with the plus/negative points of this car?

The rattles that come from the panoramic roof concern me on the 06, is there a common fault and what would Honda do about it and what cost?

Any other advice would be greatly appriciated.

Look forward to regular chats with you all.

Kind Regards
Mitch:p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lonely

:( Thought I might of got at least a hello! lol

Found my way around a bit now and found some info... should have looked before asking!

Happy Boobs!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Welcome warmit, the early Civics did have a few minor problems but hopefully should all be sorted out by now, I have a panoramic roof and never suffered any rattles. Take the car out for a long test drive along different types of road, I am sure you will love it

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Hi,
This Civic is a great car (superb engines, styng is quite different to most other cars on the road), but some rattles have let it down, which can take a while to get sorted under warranty (in my case). My rattles have been mostly under the dashboard,panoramic roof is fine. Give it a go.
Cheers, Terry

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Hello warmit and welcome to the forum. I have an 06 and have had the bits and peices mentioned on the site but all have been fixed on waranty the latest being the handbrake fix done this week. All in all am happy with the car and when I can get my beloved out of it I love to drive it still. :)

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I got an 06 2.2ES second hand. Love it! Ride is firm, especially compared with the Accord. I get 48mpg around town, 50+ mixed.

Two things to look for are:
• stone dents in the bonnet. Honda use thin tin and the low bonnet is a magnet for stones that can easily dent the tin.
• worn upholstery, especially the door trims.

Also, be careful of your speed, 6th gear, uphill on dual carriageways and the difference between 70mph and 110mph is a few seconds.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have one (ok a 2007), it's fantastic. Drives like a dream, no rattles, totally reliable over 21000 miles in 10 months and really well built. Economy just keeps getting better and 50mpg is now a doddle.

Do it...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

I put a deposit on the car this morning, picking it up on Wednesday. Cant wait to be rid of the Vectra (its served me well except its greed for fuel). Its great to have advice from real users that gives peace of mind. Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
To see if my thumbnail picture appears on the left.
Any changes in your profile like the Avatar will also change old posts, so you only need to look at an old post.
:D

Last time this happened the "Test" thread started and that got really out of hand (nothing to do with me) :D

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Is the foam fill puncture set up reliable or should I get a space saver?
welcome mate

it's mostly agreed the foam kit is a bag of ......

check these old threads out about it ......
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/10788-flat-tyre-no-spare.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/9384-honda-puncture-repair-kit.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/13184-spare-not.html

enjoy the car [smilie=thumbup.gif]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Neemstar... I only read the first page of the top post to realise a spare is probably the best option. ~£100 from Honda? Can I purchase one cheaper on ebay or somewhere else:confused:?

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Thanks Neemstar... I only read the first page of the top post to realise a spare is probably the best option. ~£100 from Honda? Can I purchase one cheaper on ebay or somewhere else:confused:?
not too sure
but as you have just signed for a car i'm sure they will sort you out with a good deal on it if you push them a little ;)

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
AutoExpress (.co.uk) did a feature recently on tyre repair kits. It's too new to be on line yet but the end result is that they work very well. Some are better than others but in general AutoExpress gives them a thumbs-up.

Apparently, your chance of getting a puncture is one every 70,000 miles. From personal experience this seems about right.

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Apparently, your chance of getting a puncture are one every 70,000 miles. From personal experience this seems about right.
yea but what if its 3am down some country back road that you have never been on and your mobile battery is dead and the "gunk" is useless
(which some people who have tried to use it have said)

i know that scenario is far fetched but for the sake of a ton i think a spare is worth it

·
Registered
95 Posts
Blag a spare and moan like hell at the dealer that Honda think you don't need one!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
yea but what if its 3am down some country back road that you have never been on and your mobile battery is dead and the "gunk" is useless
(which some people who have tried to use it have said)

i know that scenario is far fetched but for the sake of a ton i think a spare is worth it
My in-laws have the same view-point. 20 years ago they got their house treated for wood worm by Rentokill. The treatment, which cost a couple of hundred pounds, had a 10 year guarantee. For some reason they also paid for a further guarantee on the work and for the last 20 years have been sending Rentokill £49 a year to ensure the effectiveness of the treatment (which already had a 10 year guarantee).

Nice work if you can get it.

AutoExpress say in conclusion:
"You don't need tools – or muscles – to use them, they're generally cheap to replace and you can be back on the road in a matter of minutes. If that's not enough to convince you, then the lighter load in your boot, and the money that you will save on fuel, should."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts