2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I the spring of 2008 we went for the first time on vacation with our Civic and our new Kip Caravan. We went to De Hoge Veluwe in the Netherlands.

Last summer we went again for a holiday with our Civic and our caravan. This time we drove to the south of Franse and to Spain :cool:
The Civic is did it all very well. A lot of people looked surprised to us in our Civic. Because you don't see a lot of Civic's with a caravan on the road! :D

Attachments

·
The fat controller
1,041 Posts
I the spring of 2008 we went for the first time on vacation with our Civic and our new Kip Caravan. We went to De Hoge Veluwe in the Netherlands.

Last summer we went again for a holiday with our Civic and our caravan. This time we drove to the south of Franse and to Spain :cool:
The Civic is did it all very well. A lot of people looked surprised to us in our Civic. Because you don't see a lot of Civic's with a caravan on the road! :D

Glad to hear you had no problems. Did you encounter any hills in France or Spain though, I know you don't have any in the Netherlands.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear you had no problems. Did you encounter any hills in France or Spain though, I know you don't have any in the Netherlands.
Yes, we had to pass the Pyrenees! It was no problem at all to pass them. Mostly I drove in the fifth gear and sometimes I had to drive in the fourth. I didn't use the sixth gear at all, while driving with the caravan.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Looks like you had a good time :)

Nice photo's and car :D

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
I have seen 3 other Civics towing caravans in the UK and about 10 with twin (caravan) electrics so there are a few of us who tow with a Civic.

I agree it is a brilliant towcar, very stable. As I tow a heavier caravan than you, I am grateful of the torque of the diesel. Good to see another person using their Civic properly;)

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
Also, the stiff suspension makes it easier to tow heavy objects
Agreed especially as there is such a short rear overhang as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts