2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 21 months of ownership of my CRZ Sport I have traded it in and will be going to collect my new car in England at the start of next week. And I have gone over the the Germans too, so I will be a social pariah on this site. It is a Scirocco I am going for. I have really enjoyed my CRZ but it does have it's flaws, mostly on the practicality front, lack of space and all that. It would be a great car to have as a second car and to keep in the garage for most of the week, while having an economical run-around for the work commute, because, let's face it, no matter what Honda say, the crz isn't that economical. It is too nice a car to be destroyed by the trudge into work every day. Also, I have never seen a car depreciate so fast, probably because it is a niche car, two seater, (effectively), and wouldn't suit too many people. That was scary when I was shopping around.
I have only ever seen one other red one in Northern Ireland, so it will now be unique.

My plan was to keep the CRZ for two years and then buy a new Civic. But having seen the new Civic and hated it, it is now time to leave Honda until they get back in the groove again and produce something worth buying, apart from the crz of course.

So now I have two sets of wheels and a rear diffuser to find a new home for. Ebay/Gumtree here I come.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Real world mpg is about 44mpg for me which my older 1.8 type s used to do as well. As I said it is a nice car but not very practical as a primary car. Drive one and see what you think.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
what wheels? :O ahem ahem

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a set of 17" old type R alloys which I had on the car. This set do need a refurb though as winter wasn't too easy on them. I also have a set of 18" latest type R alloys which I got refurbished but never put them back on the car, so these ones are in good shape.

I am terrible at hoarding things like this as I always think at the back of my mind that I will need them in the future, but two sets of alloys take up too much space.

·
Registered
120 Posts
"But having seen the new Civic and hated it, it is now time to leave Honda until they get back in the groove again and produce something worth buying"

Sad but true.

A 2011/2012 gen 8 is the best buy at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.