2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at my avatar, joined...er... December 18th, and have contributed to 4 threads, so far the C.V.! Omitted to do official intro:

Really interesting discussions, amusing, informative - the forums, not me.

I saw that new introees are encouraged to post pics of their loved ones.

Completely standard 2.2 SE in Champagne Silver - but add extra paint protection & kit. First pic 13.9.08 before collecting at dealer - great sales team there! Second this morning 1.2.09, dull weather not showing convincing Champagneness. Note Civinfo sticker goes on beautifully, follow the instructions!

Attachments

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
officaily welcome to the madness. Cars looking good

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Welcome, Jimm from Frome! I saw a couple like yours at Devon dealer, Rowes, today and rather liked the colour. It's quite rare isn't it? A little bit like the so-called Platinum Ice of our Lexus, actually - almost a 'warm' silver.

I think this forum is great too. Hope you are still enjoying your new toy.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Welcome to the forum.:)

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, Jimm from Frome! I saw a couple like yours at Devon dealer, Rowes, today and rather liked the colour. It's quite rare isn't it? A little bit like the so-called Platinum Ice of our Lexus, actually - almost a 'warm' silver.

I think this forum is great too. Hope you are still enjoying your new toy.
Hello to all above, thanks for your kind words! I did want to reply last evening when on line but my home computer sometimes won't agree that the threads have been replied to! I did consuly Pottsy, but machine is set up correctly, than of course, it decides to behave. So, taking a few mins at work now......

Yes, the Champagne Silver is rare, I have the feeling that some people don't like the slight gold tinge as any more golden (and warmer!) would make it another liquid rather than Champagne.............(as per Quentin Willson when the original yellow metallic Punto arrived)

I did post the following recently on the 5-Door Tangerine thread.

"Hi Tomo, I wanted a 5-door 2.2 SE in Tangerine last September, but was informed no 5-doors at all going down the paintline in Swindon. It might be a special order later, but no chance till at least January, and even then no certainty.
So, I have the next best one, in Champagne Silver.
(I actually am not keen on the other colours at all - no green, no dark red metallic.)
I have seen in total about 7 tangerine cars, all 3-door.

Trust of interest,
Cheers Jimm"

And, yes, I do like driving it, I'm still finding it a bit big compared with previous car of 11.5 years, more difficult to reverse, and I've had to bend very carefully the driver's headrest to a wider angle. I couldn't stand it thumping me when I tried to relax.

Right, work time.
Thanks again, Ciao for now
Jimm

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
Welcome to a fellow SE owner, Nice car & welcome.

You may want to look at my thread: Styling.

"Changing Fog-Light Blanks!" just incase you, like me get sick of the look of them standard bits!

Either way, Enjoy your car & if we can help just holler!

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and a belated welcome :D

Good to have you around and nice car by the way :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts