2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently when trying to open and close my car using the fob it hasn't been working. The car is registering me clicking the fob because I can hear clicking noises coming from the door mechs but nothing happens (opens or locks). I'm having to use my keys to gain entry but then some days it works :s. Anyone else experienced this, any ideas on a fix?

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
I had a similar problem, turned out it was a low fob battery. I changed it and the doors works fine. They are so cheap you might try it to see.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar problem, turned out it was a low fob battery. I changed it and the doors works fine. They are so cheap you might try it to see.
Cheers, I've owned the car for almost three years now and I've never once changed it so you might be right.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Changed the battery in the fob and its still not working. Changed my car battery too because that went flat over the weekend and it still doesn't work.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can problem solve the fault?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think its a fault with the central locking system, think I might have to take it into a garage for diagnostics .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts