2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gadgeteer
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to check that this is a "design feature" and not a fault. When I use the auto Window full up or full down when the window reaches the top or bottom the door moves.

Is this normal???

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Mine does it too.....not sure it's anything to be worried about, not at least until it devolps a squeek or something! :roll: :roll:

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
This is quite normal on most cars - just a reminder that the whole thing is made of tin foil (but is quite strong when assembled in a certain shape).

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Had this on my last couple of cars as well and agree with Pottsy, it just shows how weak the structure is in certain directions. Still I suppose this 'weakness' is all about crumple zones and safety.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Is it only the plastic which moves though or the outside too?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
My last couple of cars did it too, including the past model and the current civic.

I have thought about it and have come up with a theory. I think it is intentional that the glass fits in so tight when closed (tight enough to deform the door slightly) to make the side window stronger, for security. Imagine 2 windows, one loose fitting with some play, and one rock solid, under a bit of tension. Try to break them. Which would be harder to break? The solid one would be.

I may be wrong, but it makes sense to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts