2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If this thread doesn't belong here, mods please move it.

Hello Guys, this is my first thread-question, and its about the possibility to install a Galaxy Tab or other 7" as Car Pc for its slim, multimedia GPS, FM radio, phone, Internet and many others nice features & possibilities, with the double din adaptor into a civic 1.8 Executive left handed.

Things that I would need to make it fully working with the 30 pin connector, audio, steering wheel controls interface working on the tab.
Also I would like to put an USB adaptor and mod the steering wheel to control the phone functions, and the tab must be easily removable.

Things I would need:

-The tablet(For know the galaxy Tab is the best candidate) 600€
-Double Din Adaptor 120€
-Special adaptor from connects2 to maintain the clock & clima in the display without the OEM radio. 90€
-Can cables
-Sound Amplification
-Home made electronic solutions
-Home made dock or and adapted one.
-(optional) Bluetooh OBDII interface 90€
-An XDA developer maybe.
-Lot of research, time.

I know that this won't be easy, because I see nobody at least sharing any tab install in the civic 8th generation. It would be fun to do this and more if you help me with this.

Here some nice implementations of it:

Project: Tab-Car

Step:0 Collecting Data

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well if you could with Android you could also use Torque: Torque ~ Android Application v1.2.47 By Ian Hawkins | Communication

:)
Thanks. I will keep this app on my mind.

Right know I'm more interested in how to pull everything(audio, charge, controls,...) from the 30 pin plug of the galaxy and how to connect it to the loudspeakers and control it with the steering wheel controls interface. Maybe should I look into the opensource drivers of the galaxy tab and contact for this on xda community for android specific functions and possibilities of the devices. Also every info, opinion, point will be very welcome.

But here in this forum, I think I could find everything about electronics(schematics, manuals, experience, ...) about the car.

I'm really interested to make this work, this tab will give me everything I need fully integrated on my car(phone, gps, 7" screen, fm radio, Internet browser, video player, music player...) it's plenty of possibilities. Hope some other people show their interest and join me in the research.

Why cannot edit my post?

This will be very useful:

http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php?title=Changing_the_head_unit
http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/images/5/51/Huwiring.gif

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I like this.... Making it removable yet look oem/professional is the challenge. As for connecting to the car, I don't think it would be to hard to mate a steering wheel control module/box to a cheap set of headphones with the remote controls on.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
What a great idea. Let us know if you manage to do anything, I'd be very interested in putting this into my Civic. Of course, you'd need a separate amp, but I imagine this would be the least of your problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts