2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are like me then you may have read quite a lot on induction kits, there seems to be quite a varied opinion on what is best and what is preferred. The oem set up sees the maf and fins located right next to the filter/airbox and I understand this is so that air is stabilised before it reaches the maf sensor. My question is if a long arm induction pipe is used that has a maf sensor hole about a foot away from the filter but has no fins, is the air likely to be stabilised by the time it reaches the maf?

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, ok. Do all the branded long arm intakes have something built in to stabilise the air then?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone got one that can give me an answer? Ta.
No need to be rude give people a chance to answer....

This is quoted from Stoney from a thread I started when I installed the Japspeed CAI

Because some intakes cause reversion . Basically the same particle of airs bounces multiple times across the MAF before it is burnt but only passes the primary o2 in the exhaust once . This messes up the afr.and the ecu becomes confused and just guesses a fuel amount to dump in.The lack of straightening vanes is the key point.

I hope this helps.

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I was looking at something on eBay and short of time. Can't see that I was rude :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts