2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is begining to bug me a bit, but before I vent in the niggle section, thought I'd ask the question...

Unfortunately, my Civic does not have the luxury of a drive to park on, or a garage to snuggle up in, but rather lives on the road with a whole bunch of other (obviously lesser!) cars.

This means that generally the very first thing I do when setting off is to reverse a few inches.

Which is a bit of a hit and miss (miss so far!) affair, as for the first 30 seconds or so, Honda is busy warming up it's sat nav system and presenting me with all sorts of dire warnings about listening to it :?

Now I happy (kinda) to see these warnings when I actually want to use the sat nav, but in the mean time, the reversing camera doesn't (work)

I know I could wait the extra 30 seconds before setting off to let it all sort itself out - but we've a 14yr old daughter who still hasn't quite grasped the concept of 'leaving on time'.
Although she has most definately got it's related concept of 'Dad, we're going to be late!' (read 'and it's all your fault').

So
that was my long winded way of asking if anyone knows how to make the system start up in (say) Radio screen - or anything that lets the camera work right away?

And.... breath... :D

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Dont think it would be possible even though I would like it to work that way as well. The whole system depends upon the OS being loaded from the DVD before anything else can function and I think the dire warnings are there to amuse you while this takes place as well as being a convenient cop out.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah yes, that would make sense.
Hadn't really thought of it being the whole OS that was loading, as Honda lulled me in to thinking it was the nav system by putting that pretty picture of the world up...

Honda 1 Degs 0 :oops:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not the end of the world, but one of those things that with just a bit more thought, would have been rather handy

I suspect that many people reverse as the first thing they do when starting off :(

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think it a legal think for the americans, no offence, like

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah - no (real) objection to the disclaimer coming up when you first switch on the sat nav

But becuase the front screen that comes up when you turn the car on says 'Honda Navigation System' I assumed (how dumb am I?) that it was loading the sat nav system - not the entire OS

Had it started off in Audio screen mode, I figured it would let the camera work straight away, only loading the sat nav system (inc the 'world' screen and disclaimer) when I pressed the 'map' button to turn sat nav on.

But hey ho

only 3 short weeks ago I didn't even have a camera :D
And now I'm complaining that it doesn't come on quickly enough :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts