2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused:I am told if I order any optional extras for my car (which is on order) such as a space saver and child seat, I will be increasing the car's emissions due to it's weight and this will show in the tax I will be paying.

So I take it the vehicles emissions spec & fuel consumption is based on a single driver with no passengers? (or sunglasses in the supplied holder for that matter)

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
This was stated previously in another thread and I seem to recall it was dismissed by another dealer.

If I find the thread .....................

Wonder if it's the same dealer ?

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Who told you this?

It may change your P11d value, in which case your company car tax will increase but i've never been asked by the DVLA to supply options details like baby seats and spare wheels so they know how much your car weighs/emits.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who told you this?

It may change your P11d value, in which case your company car tax will increase but i've never been asked by the DVLA to supply options details like baby seats and spare wheels so they know how much your car weighs/emits.

The lease co. informed me of this... they advised to purchase these items after I've taken delivery hence why I asked the question but I can confirm the conversation was definately emissions based although I was fully aware of the p11d values

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
The lease co. informed me of this... they advised to purchase these items after I've taken delivery hence why I asked the question but I can confirm the conversation was definately emissions based although I was fully aware of the p11d values
That sounds entirely like they cant be bothered to change their paperwork, re-write the contract. There is nothing emission based that they would log with regards to a child seat or spare wheel. The only way this changes your tax is if it changes the p11d value which in the case of a spare wheel and child seat would work out as pence.

The other obvious thing is that if its added to your car by the lease company, they own the wheel and seat, effectively you'd be leasing them too. Your best bet is to buy them seperately and then they are yours to o.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts