2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having looked at the car, with a test drive under the belt and deposit paid. I am now changing my Golf MK5 for a Civic.

Nothing particularly wrong with the Golf, just that circumstances and timing are good at the moment. Have got a good trade in offer on the Golf, which will mean no hassle of a private sale.

I have decided on the Black, I know the keeping clean issues, but it does look very good and suits the coupe style lines. It will be an EX (cos' I like my gadgets), and the dealer will include mats and the paint protection treatment (which should help keeping the black clean).

I am also contemplating the leather, which comes with panoramic roof. I like the heated seat option in the winter, and also leather is very practical to keep clean. Must decide by tomorrow on the leather/roof, but I am thinking I may well go for it.

Just wanted to thank Potts for a great site, with lots of real world pictures and recommendations - It does help when getting customer feedback rather than dealer talk.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
No problem! Are you tall? Does the glass roof reduce the headroom? Just wondering. I wish I could have had leather in the EX, but it wasn't an option at the time. Any idea how long delivery will be?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5ft 11 ish. Actually, because of the design of the roof, it seemed like there may have been more room than a none roof car - this could have been mis-leading though. Watch this space on delivery - it may the difference between the leather option or not.

Also, I know the option seems expensive, but looking at future residuals I am sure it would make the car more desirable.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Pottsy said:
No problem! Are you tall? Does the glass roof reduce the headroom? Just wondering. I wish I could have had leather in the EX, but it wasn't an option at the time. Any idea how long delivery will be?
Headroom is DEFINITELY reduced by the glass roof.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bit of a setback in my Order.

I was hopefully going to get a car that was already in the dealer network, but it turns out that it is now available :(

So, if I want a 2.2 diesel Black EX, with Leather and Roof, it will be a wait until late October :shock:

Not sure what to do now, seems like an awfully long wait. Do I really need the leather ? the roof is nice.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I waited for the leather and the roof (3 months +) and don't regret it! Well worth the wait 8) . I am 6'2" and have no problems with height. The roof adds a roomy feel to the cabin. The Storm's are also the dogs danglies (particularly on Galaxy Grey), but the michelin tyres on mine give them nooooooo protection at all :shock:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good move [smilie=coolup.gif] They always appear to turn up faster than the dealer says. I was told end August, but got mine just over 1 week ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts