2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Successfully swapped my standard H1 and H7 bulbs for Osram Nightbreakers and the sidelights for diffused LEDs (free with bulbs!).
Anyway, have yet to test the lights properly, but here is a pic of JUST the rather tasty side lights!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Comments on whether they give more light or just look better?
Have fitted H7`s and have found on 2 night runs to London and back on mainly non motorway routes that they give a much whiter light and a longer, better spread making a very worthwhile improvement on the standard ones.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, after adjusting the angle of the lights, all is well!
Looks much brighter, whiter and no dark area between me and the next corner! Very pleased with the results for only about £50 all in :)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just changed my standard bulbs for the Nightbreakers and they are 100% better than before not to mention how they look to :)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Has anyone tried the Philips X-treme Power H7 bulbs? Voted best upgrade bulbs in Auto Express this week.

I have ordered these for the dip beams. I will let people know how I get on with them.

Philips dont seem to do an H1 X-treme for the main beam, however the main beam is pretty good anyway.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Munro

I'm thinking of doing the same:

side lights: Philips 501 Blue Vision W5W
dipped: Philips X-treme Power H7
full: Osram Night Breakers H1

I was a little concerned about a difference in 'colour' between the two manufacturers but when I emailed a few providers, they reckoned there shouldn't be a noticable difference.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
are they a nightmare to fit like most headlights? My Golfs were a nightmare!

Looking to improve night time light on B roads
I put a set of H7`s dipped beam and a set of Philips 501 Blue Vision W5W side lights in and following the handbook instructions it took me 15 mins .

Night driving on country type roads is a vast improvement

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
are they a nightmare to fit like most headlights? My Golfs were a nightmare!

Looking to improve night time light on B roads

I've had my nightbreakers fitted for a couple of weeks now and they have made a vast improvement.

It is tight on the passenger side but you should be ok. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts