2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was driving down the road and somone decided I needed a new modification to the door, skirt and back quater panel, thanks Mr KA.....

[smilie=ebil-thumbu:

Its gone on the back of lorry, will it ever be the same???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Terrible shame. :sad:

Just as a matter of interest, I'm a bit worried as the strength of the Civic's panels. Was the Ka travelling very fast when it banged into you?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No just came out of a side road without looking, nothing i could do, Im gutted only had it two months and 3000miles....

it has crumpled well defo a new door and skirt..

·
Administrator
19,173 Posts
Oh sorry to hear that :)

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
looks like the door has taken the majority of the hit, it should be fine after repaired - its a relief that it wasn't the front that was hit, could have possibly damaged engine parts or worse.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Looks like a new door will be needed, some people just can't drive! Sorry to hear about that.

I saw a car slam his brakes on at the lights this morning and the car behind almost rear ended him, he was worried about the red light camera. Then they thought the lights changed as a van drove through the lights which were still red, and they all followed. They all got flashed! Unbelievable, what a bunch of muppets!

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Ouch indeed :(

I'm surprised anyone could not see that supa - Milano (ahem) car, I'm sure it will be back looking fantastic in no time

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The worst thing is I have tried to contact the insurance companies today but none of them are open, I called the honda accident assistance number that came with the car it says 365 days 7 days a week 24 hours a day. Yeah what a laugh not if you have an accident 18.00 on a Saturday, so I have no idea what the score is and no car, sono work until I have sorted a loan car from ins company if they can be bothered....

So prob won't see the R for ages once they have all stopped arguing about it...

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I feel for you man, its not nice to see your car like that :(
I had the same thing happening to me, lady drove in to my right side but i assure you, it will be as good as new when you get her back.
The damage only appears to be in the door so just a new panel in and it'll be flying like before again.
The civics panels seem to flex very easy, think this is a good thing as it will take away a lot of energy from the impact.

Here's the thread from my accident:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/12699-first-accident.html?highlight=accident

Quite similar damage actually

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
That will Tcut out

·
Registered
698 Posts
'Ouch' is a prefect title for this,

When i looked at it i felt like something just stabbed me a bit [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]

Hope the service will fix it soon:)

·
Registered
698 Posts
'Ouch' is a prefect title for this,

When i looked at it i felt like something just stabbed me a bit [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]

BUt it could be worse -> thats my friend's car, it was in service for 1,5 month after the accident, engine parts were damaged and the total cost of repair was:

Guess:police:

7000E

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for that guys makes me feel a little better, especially seening the whole front end like that, i just have no faith in anyone in this contry to do a good job of fixing her.

Im a born sinic, im sure after a new door and skirt she will be fine its just the pain I am going to havr to go through to get there i just know it wont be as simple as all that.

:(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts