2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the title, a track day at Oulton Park on Saturday 1st February. This is a road car only track day.

The day costs £129 but if booked this weekend you can get 20% off using code msvtxmas.

The day is an open pit lane event meaning you can come and go as you please.

ARDS One Stop Shop Track Day - Saturday 1 Feb 2014

I will run this thread on Civinfo & Type R Owners.

Static noise limit 105db
Passengers £10
Helmet hire is available at the circuit.
Tuition is available.

Preliminary times:
Signing on between 0730 and 0830hrs
Briefing 0830hrs
Track day starts 0900hrs
There will be an hour for lunch (times TBC)
Track day finishes 1600hrs

Attendees:
1. Staffs Deltic (Paul - FN2)

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Wanting a remap and mani in feb so best put the money to that but may call down for a few hours!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bit gutted i wont be able to make this one out with you guys, After Oulton last week i need to look into some brake cooling measures before i get back out there, a set of discs and pads each day isnt the way to go.

Hopefully i can get out on the next one you guys are all going to.

If im free on the day though might drive down and come and say hello and watch you guys having all the fun.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bit gutted i wont be able to make this one out with you guys, After Oulton last week i need to look into some brake cooling measures before i get back out there, a set of discs and pads each day isnt the way to go.

Hopefully i can get out on the next one you guys are all going to.

If im free on the day though might drive down and come and say hello and watch you guys having all the fun.
Bring your helmet and you are more than welcome to a passenger ride.:)

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Just emailed MSVT to see if they can still do me the discount, wouldn't mind getting back onto Oulton again.

Need to get myself some TD 1.2's as well, if anyone spots and offers please can you let me know. (Gloss black)

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Slightly off topic but as you are all track regulars now, would you recommend an open pit day rather then sessioned day for a newbie?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Slightly off topic but as you are all track regulars now, would you recommend an open pit day rather then sessioned day for a newbie?
I did an open pit for my first track day, loved it.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You could try a novice day when one comes up. MSV do them occasionally. My first time was on a general car track day with race teams doing testing. It was a bit frightening at first but you kind of get used to it. A bit of tuition helped. The advantage with an open pit lane day is that you get the chance to go out in other cars. Sessioned stops you from doing this. Going out with others helps you learn.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts