2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, some of you may know me from another site as M Davies and now here in my new guise. It's good to see so many people here already and well done Potts for setting up and the tireless Gis.

I've seen a few of us owners around now and have a twin car in the next street :D :( :D and every time I see another Civic I can't help but look at them looking at me and picturing what our own cars look like as we drive along.

I thought it would be fun if we adopted a kinda secret handshake. I remember years ago my old Dad had a Reliant 3 wheeler and whenever another one came by they would give a quick flash of the lights.

Next time you see one of our special cars coming towards you give a quick flash (of the lights that is) and see what happens. I would like to stress the obvious point in not flashing in situations such as cars waiting to pull out etc. and only to do it within the boundaries of common sense (which I'm sure us Civic drivers have more of than some others :wink: )

See what you think and maybe give it a go a couple of times and see what happens and post your results back here. It would be nice to get some courtesy and good manners back on our roads rather than just road rage.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Bikers have this thing where they nod as they pass each other, which I find pretty cool, sort of respect for your fellow biker. So if we could get something similar I would be up for it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've just sold my Subaru Impreza STI to buy a new Civic.

With the Subaru you were definately a member of a club. Everytime I saw another one you flashed and waved.

It puts a smile on your face.......... :p

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would be interesting to see how long it would be before someone flashed you first and then you would know word is getting round.

I think the Civic is a very special car and we should uphold that feeling, it's not a run-of-the-mill Rolf, (out of)Focus or Boxhall but a very unique car that I fell for in December (man that was a hard Xmas, didn't arrive under the tree :( :( )

If it's going to put smile on faces :D :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I see quite a few though - maybe over the next couple of years they'll sell as well as golfs or focii.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I've had one flash so far. The two cars I've had that have never failed to get a wave from other users were the 2CV and the 350Z. I guess it's a recognition of the fact that you're all having fun.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fedorov said:
Kpow99 said:
Got a wave this morning from the lady in my twin car in the next street :D
Could be the first Civic marriage? :wink:
Very funny :lol: :lol: :lol: don't think my wife would larf though :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
44 Posts
This was common practice with MG owners. I had an MGB GT back in the 70's, and flashing or waving fellow owners was expected.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
It's a very nice idea. I flashed at a Civic this afternoon -- he did'nt flash

back---he just gawked out the side window, to see if it was someone he

knew. Plonker !!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Yes, I'll persevere.

So the new Honda logo --- "Keep on Flashing".

The mind boggles.

·
Banned
44 Posts
I've not seen any to flash or wave to yet!!! I seem to be unique around here. Had a group of admirers whilst filling up the other day and apparently mine was the first that they had seen. Perhaps I need to get out more!!

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2 more yesterday :) more getting around. Sitting in my mates workshop the other day with the car parked outside and the shutter up at least 6 people stopped and looked and another 3-4 took a second look....It's grrrrrrreat :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts