2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Nope - same rods and crankshaft as the previous engines in the DC5 and CL7. The only major differences under the engine lid are the higher compression and porting on the cylinder head
Much difference between cranks on EP, FN and FD and if so are all cross platform transferrable do you know?

Would be interested to know as a crank swap when forging internals wouldn't add much "work"..

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Hi Andrew - I'm not sure about FN and EP models. Best ask someone like Paul at TDI N. I would be surprised if there was much/any difference TBH as all of these engines seem equally amenable to boosting :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes they do fit so I've been told. i get alot of raised eyebrows when i tell them it's running 14 psi on a stock block, don't really see the need to forge it at this level knowing our engines are of a better quality than the ones we get in england.

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
yes they do fit so I've been told. i get alot of raised eyebrows when i tell them it's running 14 psi on a stock block, don't really see the need to forge it at this level knowing our engines are of a better quality than the ones we get in england.
14 psi??? chrsit! I run around 9psi for 417whp, Id imagine 14psi would snap the conrods like twigs

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Have you thought about getting a map done elsewhere? I'm pretty sure you could get the same or more power with less boost, especially given the fact that you've already experienced problems with the map from TTS

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i have thought of going elsewhere,but where? tts designed this kit and must of fitted and mapped hundreds of them. 420 whp at 9 psi is pretty much unheard of and it must be other mods you have to achieve this. you should be safe to run a couple more psi and still be safe providing you have the fuelling right.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
It's not about boost it's about flow and losses .

10 psi from a gt35 makes more power than 14psi from a gt28.

The same thing from the losses from the supercharger system . You aren't using crank bhp to turn a turbo.

Can't compare apples to oranges

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
As long as you can control the knock and the temps in the bore,

Also 10pounds on a Supercharger and 10 pounds on a Turbo isn't the same thing. Hell 10pounds on a Roots and a Rotrex isn't the same thing.

The only thing you can compare is apples to apples, and any one saying they are making more power than someone else with much less boost and smaller housing on the same displacement well something is *****.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts