2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening,

My Civic has been getting on my nerves with constant build quality issues. Most of all i could not live with the paint.

So last Sunday i went looking for a Diesel Accord so i headed up to SB Honda in Wakefield as their website showed them as having a decent one in stock.

Got there and they had sold it. The only Accord Diesel they had was a tourer which i did not want. After talking to the salesman for 40 minutes i ended up test driving a petrol 2006 Type S and buying it as the car was mint and i got a good deal for my Civic.

After the initial hype wore off i was very dubious and regretted my purchase as i wanted a Diesel, but i have settled in with it now and the engine is starting to grow on me.

Anyway fuel aside i spent the best part of forever today detailing. The guy who had it before me took real good care of it and there is hardly any swirls. So after 9 hours and a little sunburn i completed:

Cleaning alloys and wheels
Cleaning car
Claying away tar from side doors
Rinsing and drying
Sealing with Carlack Nano
Waxing with Collinite 476s
Sealed the alloys with Chemical Guys Wheelguard
Dressed tires with Sonus tire & bumper dressing
Cleaned engine bay

I made the mistake of sealing the entire car all in one go, then buffing off after. This took me about 2 hours to buff off. It dried like plastic. Originaly i wanted to apply two layers of wax, but after one layer it was getting late and i was shattered plus i wanted to take some pics before it went dark.

The Nano care and Collinite are amazing products. I have had these for about 3 months now but i wanted to machine polish my Civic before i used them but never had the time. Anyway i took some pictures and i feel my hard work has paid off and i hope you think so too:

Also i want to ask something to other Accord owners: Should these mounts have a screw fastened to them or are they all like this?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
My father has one of the same and im driving it when I have the chance. It is really of another calss. No rattles, smoother ride although it is hard, quiet and very refined engine. 2.0 i-vtec. I love to drive that car but the civic is more fun.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Civic had more punch for sure but i don't really rag my cars. I do have one or two rattles though.

The ride is still firm but not crashy. Overall i am happy with it and the engine and gearbox are as smooth as silk.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Great choice - I use exactly the same products on my Civic - they are great. I also have some Bilt Hamber products...which I would recommend...

I would really like an Accord myself :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts