2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got my FN" today and loving it. was sad to see my EP leave after it has served me so well 74K hard miles in less than 2 years. lookinf forward to the next 2 in my FN

·
Registered
79 Posts
Damn lucky.... Type R after Type R!

Out of interest, what was the depreciation on 75k over 2years? I've always steered away from doing that sort of mileage in a Type R.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
I'm changing my old style type r for a new one in approx 8 weeks (its on order). I'm swapping a black one for a black one!!
I'd be interested to know how you think they compare. Had mine for 3 years and loved every mile in her,

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers guys. so far havng owned it a day, done about 100 miles in it i really like it. it feels a lot different than the ep, power delivery is much smoother, sounds great though. ride is a lot firmer and there is almost no role round corners, would say its bettet than ep. although that firmness is very noticable over bumps. seems a lot better made than the ep and equipment is much better. which for me is great as it is pretty much a mobile office, i live in it.

as for depreciation, they are both company cars. the only indication i can give you is that i got a quote from the lease company to buy the car back and they wanted between 10-10.5K. my local honda valued it at between 11.11.5K if it ws in mint condtion (which it is not given it has done 75K miles mostly motorway has piecked up loads of stone chips and i managed to knack my wheels along the way)

overall i think i prefer the Fn so far. will let you know how i get on a couple of K miles down the road.

having parrot 3100 with multicom steering wheel controls fitter in wed and my road angel hardwired in. both to be placed in the cubby above the gear leaver. will report on how they perform with pics when done.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Nice cars Norton

Interesting that You say the ride is firmer in the FN2. Most Road tests recon the Fn2 is a softer car than the EP3. I personally think the ride is too firm on the FN2 as it is a bit skittish on the bumpy roads we have in the UK.

It looks like your EP3 was one of the last ones. If it had the recaros , I would be interested to know how the FN2 honda seats compare with the Recaros.

It would be good to read your comparison of the 2 cars.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
red is the daddy for the FN2

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice cars Norton

Interesting that You say the ride is firmer in the FN2. Most Road tests recon the Fn2 is a softer car than the EP3. I personally think the ride is too firm on the FN2 as it is a bit skittish on the bumpy roads we have in the UK.

It looks like your EP3 was one of the last ones. If it had the recaros , I would be interested to know how the FN2 honda seats compare with the Recaros.

It would be good to read your comparison of the 2 cars.

Hi Munro

yea my ep3 was one of the "premiers" or what ever they called them that came with the tints, recaros and momo steering wheel (actual not as good as the standard wheel)

the seats in the FN2 are pretty much the same as the recaros. the diff between the recaros and normall ep3 seats where that the recaros rapped around much more aswell as the diff hole at the top. the fn2 seats are exactly the same style, and i woudl say
actually have more bolstering as i feel more held in place than i did in the recaros. they are a bit harder as well though. the fn2 seats also feature more alcantara than the recaors. as the upper shulder sectionnis red cloth on the recaros but is alcantara on the fn2.

as for the ride, everyone of my mate that has been in it so far has commented on how much firmer that the ep3 it is. you do feel like u are being rattled about sometimes. i would say once i have got used to it it will probaly corner better than the ep3 as that sometimes felt quiute flimsy to me. this is however just my opinion from driving them both and im ure i will get ripped apart. i did do an awful lot of miles in the ep over a short time both city, motor way and a lot of fun country roads.

hope that helps, sorry for the long reply.

oh and everyone has also commented on how much better made the fn2 is. i did love my ep3 though had some very good times, will be sorely missed

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi Norton

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live ?

Cheers
Tomcat

can i ask why you want to know? just i hand my 5 month old leon cupra r stolen from my house a couple of years ago so am reluctant to just give my details out. my gf at the time blamed me as i had posted my car on forums, hers was taken as a bonus.

·
Registered
64 Posts
can i ask why you want to know? just i hand my 5 month old leon cupra r stolen from my house a couple of years ago so am reluctant to just give my details out. my gf at the time blamed me as i had posted my car on forums, hers was taken as a bonus.
Hi Norton

I wasn't after your address, just which City/Town you were in. I only ask, as the street looks familiar. I'm going to stick my neck out and say you live in a city in the north east of england, starting with "S".

Cheers
Tomcat

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Norton

I wasn't after your address, just which City/Town you were in. I only ask, as the street looks familiar. I'm going to stick my neck out and say you live in a city in the north east of england, starting with "S".

Cheers
Tomcat

hey no worries. would never give my full adress out anyway. just wondered why u wanted to know, i,m very cautious now.

nope im not in the north east. i'm somwhere in west yorkshire i'm afraid

·
Registered
242 Posts
Very nice pics! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts