2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Outer door handle cover (think someone tried to pinch mine!)

Has any of you guys (or gals) ever known of shitbags trying to steal the silver outer door handle cover off of your (or anyone else's) Fn2's??

Got to work last week, went to close the door and walk away and heard a crappy sounding rattle from the door that I knew sounded wrong straight away! Anyway after opening and closing the door a couple of times I found that the outer handle cover had been levered up at the front (the 3 clips that hold it on at the front end were all bust), and with not a lot of effort the trim simply came off the handle altogether!

There are what looks like light scratch marks on the door itself where it does indeed look like someone has been trying to lever the handle off. Don't know whether they were trying to nick the cover (is this a problem?), or were they trying to break the handle to get at the door lock?

All I do know for certain is that the replacement handles are £72 a pop!!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
It happened to my Civic 5D fk2 after 7 years. I guess somehow the water went inside during winter period and froze and the clips broke. Other explanation could be the poor material involved which broke during closing of the door.
Fixed it with some instant glue gel (loctite in my case).
It happened to other colleagues as well.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts