2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a problem with my stereo evr since picking up the car from new in July. When I use the CD player and turn it up much beyond level 25 (goes up to 40) although generally around 30-32 the sound output stops and starts momentarily during playback. It is an intermittent fault although there are certain types of track that it will happen more on than others.

Is there anyone else that has experienced the same? I took it to the dealer and showed them the problem the other day and they contacted HONDA whose reply was to say "what am I doing playing my music that loud". I told the dealer that I was disgusted with that reply as who are they to tell me how loud I listen to my music. I think its some kind of amplifier problem at high output.

I'm waiting for my dealer to contact me with their solution to the problem. If it wasn't for the fact that its all built in I'd stick one of the Alpine head units I have into it but there's nowhere to put it.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I've had no probs with radio normally around 30 & CDs from 20-30.

If Honda ask what you are doing playing your music that loud then they should be ashamed of themselves for installing equipment that allows you to play music that loud! Stupid arses! :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts