2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just fixed two things at once, I had a feeling that my outside temperature gauge which was reading about 10 degrees low was causing the car to stay 'on cold start choke' this was being picked up with the other air sensor in the manifold & setting off the dashlight I suspect and also causing poor mpg of about 47mpg.

I had to snap off the metal bracket that the sensor is slid onto as it was rusted solid using a long screwdriver. (the sensor is located behind the lower grill on the left side as you look at the car) I then fed it through the grill & checked the terminals etc. I cleaned them & put contact cleaner on. Now it would be hanging down so I popped out the towing hook blank plate & used cable ties to relocate it just below the blank plate inside. It is now secure from rain or the jetwash but still not inside the engine bay which would then be causing false readings.

Started the car up & all is fine with the temperature reading and the check engine light went off after a few minutes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
just found this and you could have saved me a whole heap of time n money, as my outside temp reads -40 ! and guess what, ive got engine warning light on lol will be dismantling tomorrow :)
then remap time waaaahhhaaaa >:)

So I just fixed two things at once, I had a feeling that my outside temperature gauge which was reading about 10 degrees low was causing the car to stay 'on cold start choke' this was being picked up with the other air sensor in the manifold & setting off the dashlight I suspect and also causing poor mpg of about 47mpg.

I had to snap off the metal bracket that the sensor is slid onto as it was rusted solid using a long screwdriver. (the sensor is located behind the lower grill on the left side as you look at the car) I then fed it through the grill & checked the terminals etc. I cleaned them & put contact cleaner on. Now it would be hanging down so I popped out the towing hook blank plate & used cable ties to relocate it just below the blank plate inside. It is now secure from rain or the jetwash but still not inside the engine bay which would then be causing false readings.

Started the car up & all is fine with the temperature reading and the check engine light went off after a few minutes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts