2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Yesterday my outside temperature gauge has started to read incorrectly, it appears to be at a guess around 20 degrees more than what it should be. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had this problem. You will also find that the climate control will not work properly either.

If your still under warranty they will do it for free.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'm 5 days out of the manufacturers warranty but have still got a few months on the dealership warranty. Does that only cover me at the dealer? If it does means I've got to drive 300 miles...

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'm 5 days out of the manufacturers warranty but have still got a few months on the dealership warranty. Does that only cover me at the dealer? If it does means I've got to drive 300 miles...
Did you buy the car second hand and have a warranty from the dealer you bought it from? If so, yes, it will need to be that dealer.

But, you could try a local dealer and see if there is anyway they could cover the fault seeing as you are only just out of warranty and it actually broke while still under warranty (assuming it broke 6 days ago), or find out what they would charge.

Mine was done under warranty, so I'm not sure what the cost would be out of warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got my car booked in on wednesday :) I explained to them about the warranty and they said they can do the work under the used car warranty so saves me driving 300 miles. It's odd because when I spoke to another dealer a couple of months back they said the warranty was only valid at the dealer it was purchased from.

·
Jam
24 Posts
Just another question on this note, was that £69 for the part or part and fitting?

Where can you get the part from? dealer only? and is it a pain to fit it yourself?

Cheers,
James.

57 Plate Type S - Temps from 0-60 degrees, seemed to happen after a load of grit/heavy snow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts