2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My civic type s gt just started showing -40 on temp guage when i turn on, it then goes to ---- after 2 seconds, replaced sensor today and some problem, any ideas

·
Registered
21 Posts
my sensor is reading a nice tropical climate of 29c even when theres snow on the ground.. how easy was it to change? did you have to remove the front bumper?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine has started playing up recently.

It over reads by several degrees until I've driven a few miles before settling on the right temp. No idea why. I'll probably just leave it until service time.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got that fed up, bought new sensor - no change, (by the way, if you jack up the driver side, you can get your hand through the radiator and get to it but it it has a lip holding it down that needs prising up, if you buy a new one you can see the lip,) i followed the wiring loop and found a broken wire, presto - sheffield Honda now registering right temp, still bl--dy freezing

·
Registered
275 Posts
seams stange but the sensor will show the temperature it read the last time you drove the vehicle untill you drive the car again. thats half the problem but yes some sensors are faulty and a handfull have a broken wire along its loom.

·
Registered
21 Posts
(by the way, if you jack up the driver side, you can get your hand through the radiator and get to it but it it has a lip holding it down that needs prising up, if you buy a new one you can see the lip,)
from which direction did you get your hand in?
from the top of the engine bay or from underneth?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have to undo front of undertray then get in from drivers side, jack car up as well as this provides an extra few inches

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got that fed up, bought new sensor - no change, (by the way, if you jack up the driver side, you can get your hand through the radiator and get to it but it it has a lip holding it down that needs prising up, if you buy a new one you can see the lip,) i followed the wiring loop and found a broken wire, presto - sheffield Honda now registering right temp, still bl--dy freezing
Hi, seems I might have the same issue as you. Bought and fitted a new sensor today but it's still reading -40. Just wondering how you managed to follow the wiring as I can only seem to get to either end and both of these look alright. Really annoyed, just spent £50 to plug it in and have the same issue!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts