2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 2.2 CDTi Civic, I have noticed and not sure if its normal recently that sometimes when I near floor it the revs spike boost then come back down.

Is this normal or something of concern, I was presuming ok and I hadnt noticed before and this is what happens when you floor the car with this much torque?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Havent noticed much but due to the surge on revs it feels like it has a vert small boost but goes up quick about 1k reva then jumps back down, only happens when i floor it, gradual acceleration seems fine so far. That was my second thought if it wasnt some form of intelligent acceleration on the car..

Might go honda tomorrow still in Honda 1 year used car warranty had only about 6-7 months so hoping covered!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All sorted, covered it under used car warranty as it turns out I had one of the faulty clutch assemblies, cracking service at Bryndley Honda Halesowen as well. Have to wait a month to claim for 2nd fault but they will sort which is the clutch master cylinder needs replacing as I have the creaking clutch issue. Both parts are the new modified ones so in theory once sorted sorted! Happy chappy! :D

·
Premium Member
5,303 Posts
Honda really do need an arse kicking for this fault, there's loads of people complaining about it now. Is there any official way to get them to recognise and sort the fault? VOSA etc??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.