2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the articles on adding custom POI's for speed cams and the like. This is a different question. Is there an option to get the car to give you an audible warning based on the speed limits the navi has on the installed maps (ala here maps app style). I know we have speed warnings with the iMID, those aren't what I'm after. What I'm after is; if you're in a 100kph zone and go into an 80kph zone, you miss the sign and are still at 100, can the navi give you a warning that you're over the current speed limit?

Excuse the silly question, but until I get my hands on a full English manual (not provided with my German bought civic, I'm at Google's and your mercy). Generic Garmin advice says you can but I can't find it in our menu options. (Garmin: https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-GB/faq/content/QTyE4KnQeE75WnFyIZd9fA), it's called a speed limit reduction alert. If it's not possible, I'm assuming Honda disabled it along with the navi's ability to show the car's current speed? TIA

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Have a look in the guide section; You could add Camsam to the unit which would essentially do this, or any number of other apps with this sort of function.
I did consider adding camsam with an mp3 of an aircraft "OVERSPEEED. OVERSPEED." warning, but I never got round to finding the file :p

·
Super Moderator
21,033 Posts
Bog standard Garmin PND's have this facility so I'm surprised this hasn't trickled over to the Honda Garmin implementation, most things seem to have.

I turned it off on my Garmin 2699 because it's just so annoying. Accidentally get to 31mph for example and bong, bong, bong, bong .........

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It got annoying on here maps, I agree. But new route to work makes it worth the annoyance the first couple of times till autopilot kicks in. Wife has a new route to work, 34 miles each way with every conceivable speed limit you can think of (in kph 30, 50, 60, 70, 80, 80 when wet, 100, and 120!!!) and not in that order either. 55 minutes without traffic.

I'll look into camsam, an OVERSPEED mp3 would definitely keep her within the limit >:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a look in the guide section; You could add Camsam to the unit which would essentially do this, or any number of other apps with this sort of function.
I did consider adding camsam with an mp3 of an aircraft "OVERSPEEED. OVERSPEED." warning, but I never got round to finding the file :p

Aviation Ringtones for Your Cellphone | Flight

has the overspeed clacker along with a bunch of others

1 - 5 of 5 Posts