2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents, long time without entering this wonderful forum...

I've got a P0502 fault Code and need some info from you:
  1. I know it's related to low voltage in gearbox speed sensor
  2. Next operation is to change the sensor (Cheap one)
  3. Need to know if the warning light associated to this error includes the engine&Steering
  4. Car is a Civic Hatchback 2007 (FK3?) 2.2 executive, spanish (nobody is perfect...)
Thks in advance

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Gents, long time without entering this wonderful forum...

I've got a P0502 fault Code and need some info from you:
  1. I know it's related to low voltage in gearbox speed sensor
  2. Next operation is to change the sensor (Cheap one)
  3. Need to know if the warning light associated to this error includes the engine&Steering
  4. Car is a Civic Hatchback 2007 (FK3?) 2.2 executive, spanish (nobody is perfect...)
Thks in advance
Another question to prepare the action: Do you know if the gearbox oil is going to flow through the sensor hole when changing? Not a good idea to deal with very hot oil...

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back again, I've changed the sensor without any problem during installation but... Now the code has dissapeared but the behaviour of the sensor is not ok... sometimes doesn't show any speed, others show speed when the car is fully stopped and never seems to show the correct speed. The sensor itself is not an Honda part, it comes from Meat&Doria but with Oem specs. There are now another codes, P0340 related to the camshaft position sensor and P2016 intake manifold runner position sensor, I think both have nothing to do with the speed sensor I've just changed.
Not sure about repairing or killing it

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorted & solved, all the strange behaviour in electronics was due to bad mounting of the gearbox speed sensor, it has a specific washer between the sensor and the gearbox and was installed without it. This causes sensor touching the gear and grind up, depending on the level of damage in the sensor can create a short circuit that affects all the data bus voltage spreading a load of error codes.
Some of them were related to the sensor itself, the VSA system, the ABS, the drive train... Another symptoms that appear: Changes in the steering servo assistance (less assistance), strange behaviour in the fuel tank meter (sometimes full, others mid...) and sometimes going into limp- mode.
Hope this info can help to others with same scenario (by the way, this time this forum was not helpful at all)

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I am sorry you didn't find any help here but this seems to be quite a rare issue. I have searched for P0502 and the last post before yours was in 2018.

Thank you for keeping the thread updated with accurate information and hopefully it will help someone else out some day.

·
Super Moderator
3,015 Posts
ive just looked at this thread now but while reading your issues after changing sensor i do remember another usser having the same issue after placing the washer wrong side or not refitting it
pleased your sorted and thank you for updating
so many never post again once solving issues

1 - 6 of 6 Posts