2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Hoping you can help me. I bought a 7th gen Civic yesterday 55 plate and drove it from London to Bedford with no problems. It's a Civic SE CTDI 1.7. 67k miles on the clock.

Last night, driving home from family night out, I lose boost/power. Struggling to pick up speed, like the turbo was non-existent or in limp mode. Tried to switch ignition off and back on and made no difference. Drive it home and left it for the night.

This morning it's back to normal and working fine although I only drove it round the block.

I plugged my fault code reader and fault P1237 is coming up as a 'pending' fault with 0 active faults. Seems to be an intermittent boost pressure fault.

Could any of you guys please give me some guidance as to:

a) what it probably is?
b) whats my best course of action?

Service history seems ok, plenty of services carried out although not one in the last 15000 miles.

Thanks in advance.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,898 Posts
a) what it probably is?
b) whats my best course of action?
a) possibly the turbo vanes are sooted up... a reported problem on these (Isuzu?) engines. There is a Civinfo thread suggesting the use of 'Mr Muscle' oven-cleaner to sort this problem out... http://www.civinfo.com/forum/previous-civics/122579-honda-civic-1-7-ctdi-limp-mode-fixed.html

b) Consider returning this faulty car to wherever you just bought it and demand a refund. Someone must have known about this problem.

Welcome to Civinfo!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts