2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yawn. Yet another issue from me!

Ok, I was adding AUX to my stereo the other day, and trigured the fuel cut off putting the dash back on. After putting it all back together, it wouldn't start. Thinking it was out of diesel I popped down to the petty station and put some in. Couldn't find the primer and it wouldn't pull through by itself. So some guy from a garage round the corner asked me to crank it over and started spraying easy start in her to try and pull the diesel through. After a couple of minutes of trying this he gave up.

About 20 minutes later I realised I had trigured the fuel cut off, reset it and she started straight up. However, I am wondering whether this could have damaged one of the glow plugs or this is unrelated?

Can anyone help me? I'm getting this code every morning when I start up and the engine is going into limp mode. If I wait till the engine warms up, switch off and back on, it comes straight out of limp mode.

Any ideas?

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,914 Posts
It'll clear itself after a few warm-up/cool down cycles. Or disconnect the battery negative terminal for 20 minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Well done in getting it sorted, is there a how to in replacing the glow plugs? Maybe you can put one up together with pics?

You could clear the eml light with a code reader....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well done in getting it sorted, is there a how to in replacing the glow plugs? Maybe you can put one up together with pics?

You could clear the eml light with a code reader....
If there isn't one I will throw one together with a how to on how to test them. Also before I got a chance to plug my code reader in, it cleared itself.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,914 Posts
Although the EML/MIL/CEL will clear itself, DTCs on this ECU remain stored until manually deleted.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,914 Posts
Yes, I hit it on the left side where the gas cap is and it doesn't shoot anymore. What do I have to do?
Doesn't shoot?

Did you try removing the relay and making sure it's back in properly? Any warning lights on? Can you check for diagnostic trouble codes?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts