2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Unfortunate East Fife fan
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted a rare Civinfo sticker on Glenrothes dual carriageway this morning (8.30am) and i'm guessing it was Padster.
Drives heck of a slow though. Never make St Andrews for 9am mate;)

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Spotted a rare Civinfo sticker on Glenrothes dual carriageway this morning (8.30am) and i'm guessing it was Padster.
Drives heck of a slow though. Never make St Andrews for 9am mate;)
Yep that was me Stevo Fife. :D

I will be 'driving miss daisy' for the next while :(

Yesterday I was in a queue of traffic doing 60 on the dual carriageway and then 47 all the way to Pitlessie. On leaving Pitlessie and seeing that lovely straight road with no on coming traffic and knowing there are no junctions along it, I dropped a gear overtook a three of the cars in the queue. I caused no concern to other cars with no cutting up by myself and no braking required by other road users however excessive speed was used and upon completing my manoeuvre I spotted the white van with the open rear window allowing speed detection equipment to spot what I had just done.

I am in the unenviable position of not knowing how quickly I completed the over take and so can't say for sure whether a man in a wig will want to see me in person. :facepalm:
Until I know that I will mostly be driving like the drivers I overtook yesterday.

I am no way complaining about the impending letter I am no doubt going to receive. Nor am I condoning 'dangerous driving'. I am really annoyed that I let frustration and road conditions lead me to blight my 'clean for 12 years' license.

·
Unfortunate East Fife fan
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happens to the best of us mate:(

At worst 3 points and £60 fine. I know the feeling well.

Now i know your plate i'll give you a wave next time i storm past you at 40mph;)

Chin up
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts