2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

As you all know black paintwork isnt great especially with Honda paint but my question is-

When I wax my car (usually poor boy) it gleams like a diamond ring but the minute I wash it, it looks like a dull faded mess! I sometimes use the maguires quick detail spray but it seems that I would have to wax the car each time to get a half decent finish back.

Is there a solution? Or is this just what to expect with this paint? Renovators don't seem to help either..

Any advice or opinions would be most appreciated,

Thanks

Dan

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Which Poorboys Wax do you use? Natty's?
Renovators?
Sounds like it needs a detox and proper polish
I would suggest that you Clay the car to remove previous products..Wash with APC and then polish the whole car with a cleaner polish like Auto Glym Super Resin Polish (AGSRP) or a dedicated Polish (Gtechnik P1 is great by hand) and then wax on top of that

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, appreciate that a lot

·
Helpee
126 Posts
Renovators?
I would suggest that you Clay the car to remove previous products..Wash with APC and then polish the whole car with a cleaner polish like Auto Glym Super Resin Polish (AGSRP) or a dedicated Polish (Gtechnik P1 is great by hand) and then wax on top of that
Agreed, detox, Super Resin Polish then something like Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection on top.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Renovators?
I can vouch for Gtechniq p1... the stuff is immense!!!
I tried it on a scratch of mine...the scratch was deep but the swirls soon disappeared!

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
I use ag deep shine as my cars dark going to buy srp as ie heard pod things. I use autoglym aqua wax spray on when wet buff off easier that drying I do this between waxs gives good protection, beading, shine and peace of mind! Have a look on my build thread you'll see the ag ultra deep shine results

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I use ag deep shine as my cars dark going to buy srp as ie heard pod things. I use autoglym aqua wax spray on when wet buff off easier that drying I do this between waxs gives good protection, beading, shine and peace of mind! Have a look on my build thread you'll see the ag ultra deep shine results
I got good results with my previous car and deep shine ag. The Civic is currently waxed but it will wear off after a couple more months so i think i will polish before sealing and waxing again then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.