2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is anyone else have excessive chipping on the bonnet and wings. Granted...I have done 13000 miles in the last 5 months but i had a major chip on bonnet after week 2....with lots more to follow. I had the exact same problem with my 2.2ctdi es diesel...and now again on type-r. The dealer more or less acknowledged there was an issue with the hardness of the paint. P.S Halfords milano red retouch paint is a terrible match....dont buy it

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry, i should have read some other forums before posting...looks like everyone else has the same problem.....so annoying.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ive done nearly 12000 and at this rate my bonnet will be primer at 30000, my ex wasnt as bad, I had honda check the thickness of paint with a meter and it was well over their tolerence for paint thickness, I even had chips down the side, I was not happy its as if they need wraping in cotton wool never had a car soooooooo bad on paint its a shame as I love the car.............

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Same here - done over 16k miles and I am so embarrassed by how the front looks. There's a small pea size chip on the passenger side near the fog lights from some elephant of a stone some time ago on the M1 driving behind a gritting lorry.

I've got a NHB 1.8 ES - does anyone know how much approx for a full respray in NHB?

Thanks in advance

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I wouldn't go for a full respray just yet, try getting a quote from chips-away.

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I wouldn't have thought anywhere near that much, I've had them repaint an (almost) entire rear quarter that was little over 120 quid....:)

Tom

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
I wouldn't have thought anywhere near that much, I've had them repaint an (almost) entire rear quarter that was little over 120 quid....:)

Tom
Thats what they quoted for a topaz blue bmw 3 series bottom bumper which had been pebble dashed by a gritter lorry!! (Jings can't wait for winter with the CTR!) Had to push them for a price cause they guy kept saying it was best to take it to a bodyshop as it was a metalic. Diff if it has been a solid.

NHB would have to be blended, so they may be a bit reluctant to do it

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Oh, thats why, if they just touch in the bits it may be cheaper, the rear quarter is a lot less fiddly (one solid area rather than bits in and out), still they are independant franchises so prices may differ from person to person.

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts