2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From reading many threads and comments about paint chips I can see that my car is not the only one that is covered in paint chips. I have had no joy with Honda and can see that many others have had the same problem. I have just emailed watchdog to see if anything can be done and need as many others that have issues with the paint quality to do the same. I cannot see why all of us who have bought such nice cars should have to put up with sub standard paint finish. Please can others email BBC watchdog to try to get them to take notice.

·
The White Knight
1,486 Posts
Sadly i dont think we can do much every time i clean my car i touch up my chips with Chip Brush my car only just passed 1 Year Old lol

Whats sad is ive had stone chips on old chips lol YES same hit twice in 1 year what are chances even my windscreen had a bad chip out of sight the glass event sucks

We cant win sadly

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
I've got a warranty claim on it at the moment mate if I don't get the answer I want Honda will certainly know all about it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope it all goes well with your claim. Honda uk just told me that the thickness was ok, i gave them what for on the phone as it is more than just the thickness that gives the paint a good result. If it ends up that you have no joy, please join me with persuing this as I am not a happy chap.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I hope it all goes well with your claim. Honda uk just told me that the thickness was ok, i gave them what for on the phone as it is more than just the thickness that gives the paint a good result. If it ends up that you have no joy, please join me with persuing this as I am not a happy chap.
Thanks

iv'e had my bonnet and wings resprayed under warrenty last week my car was just 12 days old with 800 miles on the clock went in dealers ranting and raving they got it sorted under paint warrenty go into the dealers and show them you mean business dont take no for an answer

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just took delivery of 5th Type-R. All previous have suffered major stone chips. Imagine my disgust when after 20 miles I had already picked up 3 stone chips.
Went back to the dealer and complained about the lack of durability of the honda paint. They were very understanding and offered a full bonnet and front wing respray with a superior paint. Will take them up on the offer in a couple of weeks when I have put a few miles on her.

lloydy any stone chips yet with the respray, maybe to early to tell. I presume we are with the same dealer.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Just took delivery of 5th Type-R. All previous have suffered major stone chips. Imagine my disgust when after 20 miles I had already picked up 3 stone chips.
Went back to the dealer and complained about the lack of durability of the honda paint. They were very understanding and offered a full bonnet and front wing respray with a superior paint. Will take them up on the offer in a couple of weeks when I have put a few miles on her.

lloydy any stone chips yet with the respray, maybe to early to tell. I presume we are with the same dealer.

i've sold that car mate (CTS GT 59 PLATE) lol im now driving a 10 plate CTR GT CBP LMAO im just a sucker for the v-tec lol

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
3 civics since september lol 57 plate ctr 59(10) plate cts and now a 10 plate ctr lmao

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
where in shropshire you from 4type r ????

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
what colour ctr you got and what year ??

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
mine is CBP reg is DY10 NXL honk or flash if you see me about lol

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
where in telford you from ??

·
Registered
78 Posts

So for superior paint is this non water based and will the colour then be an exact match?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
So for superior paint is this non water based and will the colour then be an exact match?
when i had my PREVIOUS car resprayed under warranty the colour match was excellent in fact you couldnt tell it had been resprayed and belive me i looked hard !!! however i sold the car 2 weeks later but within that 2 weeks no i didnt have another stone chip but then i did ask the dealer to get the spray shop to put 3 layers of laquer on it hope this helps 4 type r

1 - 18 of 18 Posts