2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my blueish silver 1.8 CTS for nearly a month and only now have a notices an issue due to it only being obvious at a certain angle. On the lower part of drivers door approx 7 inches from the wheel arch there is a raised bit that looks like glue. Looking straight on its not obvious hence why I missed it when giving the car a coat of Bilthamber and some Megs Ultimate quick detailer.

I feels raised as if the lacquer has run. I initially though it was some residue left over from the covers on the car albeit did not think they went down that far. a soak with Ag tar remover did nothing even on third application. So it was out with the Megs paint cleaner and still nothing. I then went for some Meguiars Scratch X and its hard to say if its reduced it but I dont think so as 6 shots later it is still there. Most posts seem to be about something under the lacquer but in my cars case its above. I tried to take a photo but its just not possible due to where it is and any light reflects the metallic paint obscuring the image.

my Milano red one came with multiple water spots ( thats what it looked like anyway)that came out with the above products eventually so I know what that issue looked like.

Perhaps a machine polisher with more agressive products would shift it(if its a run) but I dont have one. Looks like a trip to the dealer. I am annoyed that i missed it when giving the car a detail ( all they did was pressure wash the car as I did not want it scratched by a grit covered sponge like last time)albeit I have to look for it.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I have exactly the same problem on mine, on the front right door. Didn't try to fix it though 'cause I am afraid I 'll make it worst.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took it into the dealer and went round to their approved bodyshop. A rub down with wet and dry and a buff with spot pad and finishing compound improved it significantly. This was an initial try it and see and as it improved they would need it for a few hours to get it spot on. There is a tiny blemish on the roof the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts