2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hi Guys,

After not having washed the car for about 4 weeks i noticed a rippled rusty area on my front wing.

Initially it looked like the rusty area was caused by a stone chip and it looks like it began to bubble up and spread (to me it seemed to appear out of nowhere). A second area below the original chip has now begun to deteriorate.

Should i be able to get this fixed under warranty and it doesnt seem normal to me. Th laquer seems to be peeling off far too easily.

P.S, car is a 58 accord EX GT

·
more torque than the mrs
6,758 Posts
was this caused by stone chipping or bird droppings i had this once happen when i left the bird dropping on my car for a very long time it burns through the laquer then your paint,if its a stone chip they will simply say it your fault as you have left to long untreated resulting in the peeling and rust ,i wish you luck.

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was this caused by stone chipping or bird droppings i had this once happen when i left the bird dropping on my car for a very long time it burns through the laquer then your paint,if its a stone chip they will simply say it your fault as you have left to long untreated resulting in the peeling and rust ,i wish you luck.
Hi There,

I think it was originally a stone chip, i had a type r for 2 years, and a 2.2 civic for 1 year and they were boths absolutely covered in chips but never suffered from anything like this.

I was goint to try and touch it up myself so i power washed off the flaking paint and it then liftered the laquer. You would think the laquer would be thoroughly bonded to the paint underneath .

Im beginning to wonder if the wing was resprayed prior to me getting it.

J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts