2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Was just checking pressures on my tyres today and noticed that the grey paint on the brake rotors (the hub section) was flaking off quite badly on each wheel. Will it rust in the exposed areas and is this a warrantable item? Ive had my car for 3 months and not driven in any harsh conditions. The only thing i may have done recently is use a high pressure cleaner to cleaner to clean the wheel (at a DIY car wash centre). I've not had this happen on my previous cars (civic sedan and accord sedan) and they've been washed the same way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
peeling paint

Usually disc's are not even painted at all, and since being made out of an cast iron alloy and not being painted.. yes they do rust to some extent. It's normal.

As to being an warranty issue, no it's not.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
Hi all,

Was just checking pressures on my tyres today and noticed that the grey paint on the brake rotors (the hub section) was flaking off quite badly on each wheel. Will it rust in the exposed areas and is this a warrantable item? Ive had my car for 3 months and not driven in any harsh conditions. The only thing i may have done recently is use a high pressure cleaner to cleaner to clean the wheel (at a DIY car wash centre). I've not had this happen on my previous cars (civic sedan and accord sedan) and they've been washed the same way.
Doubt that's a warranty claim TBH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts