2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am beginning to sound like Columbo but “just one more thing” I am not taking the paint guard option from Honda as I applied the “Diamond bright” paint guard myself to my last car and it worked very well over the years, it cost a lot less than Hondas and is supposedly exactly the same formular as "Diamond bright". However I understood that using any other polish on top of this especially the cleaner polishes that contain silicon can neutralise the paint guard. A friend of mine uses the Jeeves polish from one of the shopping channels on his old car and I have never seen such a deep polished finish before it is brilliant for glass and cleans the plastic trim (like the Civics) to look brand new, but I am apprehensive to use it if it interferes with the paint guard. I would be grateful for any advice!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
The paint protection that most dealers offer is only a paint sealant, the various brands,eg superguard, diamondbrite, jewelbrite, lifeshine, silversheild etc are all the same ,it's just a massive mark up for the dealers. Most of the products are available on ebay for around £10 for the complete kit. Your better off saving you money and buying your own cleaning products which will give just as good results if not better. I know for a fact that the ag lifeshine is just re-packaged super resin and extra gloss which would only cost £15 from Halfords. Any polish will remove the sealant just re-apply the sealant with whichever one you buy, and then wax on top to get it looking like new. Never seen "Jeeves" polish before if you need more advice try here.http://detailingworld.co.uk/

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Anything that contains a cleaner is likely to remove the protector with time, which is why I think there are becoming mroe and more multi-step cleans, polish, wax systems out there, I don't think you can beat them, although they take some commitment to apply 3 coats of anything after you have washed the car.

I think it is fair to say that on here a few of us have found the Meguiars stuff very good**, Halfords do it, but for the whole kit, shampoo, cleaner, polish, wax and the various applicators and cloths its over £60, but I think it will last a while and the polish/wax certainly leaves a good finish after the next few washes. Check out Meguiars website, they do mail order kits.

** No-one on this site is employed by Meguiars (that they have owned up to) but it does give fantastic results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts