2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
We picked up our 18 month old 2.2 civic today from the local Honda dealer,and it wasn't until we got it home and gave it a really good look over that I noticed a couple of paint issues.
one is a scratch that someone has tried to polish out, but it now looks like the top coat of paint has been polished away!
the second is the edge of the drivers door has several chips, where it has been opened against a wall?
Sould I have noticed these imperfections before,or do you think the dealer should address the problems?
The car came from Honda uk and has only covered 4800 miles.

Apart from this niggle, We think the car is absolutely fantastic! goes like a train,looks like the proverbial spaceship, and you can hardly tell its an oil burner!!

sorry about the spelllink in the tytle!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Sounds like "fair wear and tear", to be honest - try the Honda 'touch-up' paint (comes in a small bottle) - use a pinhead and \ or the thinnest artist's paintbrush you can get, to apply the paint (not the brush inside the bottle cap) ...

Reactions: Ex Clubber

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
If I were you I'd take it back and tell them you're not happy. They may tell you that you should have noticed the chips on the edge of the door but the scratch where the paint has been damaged is unacceptable in my opinion. They should at least sort that out for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up my Civic from the Dealer in December, experiencing similar issues to yourslef. Luckily i had a reason to go back (left my mobile in the showroom!) they said they would address the scratches as i was tempted to give them the car back (sold as pristine condition) but the chips are wear and tear i'm afraid.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had some new scratches after mine went in. Rang them up and they said they would fix it, no questions asked. Took it in, they did it, but it took about an hour (boo!).

·
Registered
77 Posts
the civic we test drove at the weekend had similar scratches down the drives door edge, probably from banging against a garage wall. The salesman said there would be no issue in getting these re-painted before we got the car if we were to buy.

That was Phoenix Honda in grangemouth.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
As other have said - take it back and ask them to sort it out - these small paint chips are not a big issue for dealers. Do you know about the 30 day returns policy :)

Reactions: Ex Clubber
1 - 11 of 11 Posts