2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have had my car for two weeks and am getting more and more angry.

firstly cary was a bit drity upon pick up.
also i requested some extras
-foglights
-ipod
-speaker rings (which i already asked why the had only been put in the back)
-dash panel needs replacing

they called a while bacvk only remeberd about the foglights, but since then nothing, and two weeks, they were meant to be fitted before delivery.

the worst is the paint tiny bleach marks which are hard to see in pictures, but try, a big one on the roof, and a really small like spec of grain that seems to have been painted on the bonnet.

-also tyre foam, i dont think i got it.

i am getting really anoyed - suggestions? especially in terms of the paint.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, the tyre foam is supposed to be in a small compartment on the right hand side of the boot as you look at it from outside the car....in with the air compressor. Was it an auxiliary socket for the stereo that you ordered or an actual ipod adaptor?
I bought the speaker rings after I got the car and I got one pair of them for €54. Was the car you bought second hand or a car that had already been ordered by someone else and then the sale fell through? Maybe they asked for the speaker rings to be fitted in the back.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was a new car

butthe paint is the most annoying part

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
The dealer also removed my can of foam and the compressor from the compartment. When I rang up about it I was told "you got the spare wheel, so you don't need it" I told them in no uncertain terms that I had got a spare wheel "option" and would be down later that day to pick up my can of foam and compressor. When I went to the dealership, the salesman took them out of a showroom car. Stand your ground sco77harris and get the car and its components sorted out to your liking. You've paid them a lot of money, they aint doing you a favour - insist they put your problems right or take things higher

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Sco77harris. Sorry to hear about your problems with the car. What's wrong with the dash panel - you said it needs replacing? As for the foam stuff, it's only a small bottle (coke can sized) and it's in a plastic bag in the hole on the right side of the boot. Hope everything else is OK and you get the problems sorted soon.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was scratch on the delicatre piece of the dash.

also the paint lol any ideas?

thanks for the help so far

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one prob sorted found the foam.

also my neighbour said the paint looks like orange peel or something like they applied to much?

·
Registered
430 Posts
What has the dealer said about the paint?

If it is your opinion against theirs, then you can insist on a 3rd party inspection. Years ago, had a very similar problem with a ford - they actually sent their own Paint tech guy out to inspect and 'measure' the paint thickness etc. Ended up with a resprayed bonnet.

I am not being funny here Scott (please do not take offence) - but I believe you are of younger years? I know it should make no difference at all, but dealers are funny beasts. Do you have an older realtive who can get involved with you ? Above all - stay calm, don't rant, and tell them what you would like done. If you are asking for reasonable requests, and the dealer refuses, then put it in writing, copy your regional Honda Cust service manager, along with dealer principal, and UK Cust services.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
My car also has the Orange peel look, but I believe it is supposed to look this way.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well my dads going to come with he is worried it could get worse or that its something to do witht the protector applied.

can you see the specs on the car?

also the fact there is a piece of grit that was painted over the bonnet is a bit shabby albeit small.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest it was normal, I can see the specs, but perhaps the orange peel look is meant to be there, I don't question the rest of the issues, you had. Get it in to the dealer, I am sure they can tell from looking at it if it is an issue. Where abouts in the world are you, you don't live/work near any chemical plants do you, perhaps they might have had a moderate "burp" and thrown something airward, it happened to my Dads car a few years ago, although he actually worked on a plant, the Sulphuric Acid plant coughed apparantly, made a real mess. Needed a respray.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Honda are famous for their " special orange peel finish " it's where they put too much clear coat on the car. As for the dealer applied protection , they are a total waste of money. The actual cost of the product they use is about £35 and yet they charge around £250 / £300. You would be better off getting yourself a good quality sealant .
It may be poor prep by the foreign valeters at the dealers that put the superguard/ jewelbrite or what every make of paint protection that they supplied.

EDIT Pottsy 13/8 1021: Specific nationality removed just to prevent angry posts taking the thread off topic. See "National Pride" in the recycle bin.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Honda are famous for their " special orange peel finish " it's where they put too much clear coat on the car. As for the dealer applied protection , they are a total waste of money. The actual cost of the product they use is about £35 and yet they charge around £250 / £300. You would be better off getting yourself a good quality sealant .
It may be poor prep by the Croatian valeters at the dealers that put the superguard/ jewelbrite or what every make of paint protection that they supplied.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dont live near any chemical plants - nw london stanmore and use a delearship in bushey.

John when you say famous, do you meaqn they do it wrongly? or purposley.

yer i didnt want the protection but my dad had it on his car and he says everyone comments of the shine and i must admit i have had that.

thanks for all your help so far its so useful.

also i think i will take it too a garage near me and get their advice before going to honda to see what they make of it all.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GOOD news

- been at the dealer and its silicone left on, he polished it off.
and the spec on the bonnet was a lump of hard wax.

thats a relief so happy now.

thanks for the help.

has anyone else had the same thing?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
When I collected my car there was a couple of marks on the rear wing and the roof, they looked like small blemishes, I sent the car back a week after collecting it for the list of issues fixing and it turned out that one mark was the coating they had not polished up enough, and the other they put down to bird droppings that had not been washed off when valeted. I must say I was not impressed with the exterior appearance of the Civic when I collected it, it was full of spiders web scratches and swirls, it looks better now than the day I collected it, after 3 hours with the Meguiars 3 step polish even the swirls are almost gone.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i completely agree with you, when i picked it up it was not imacculate, verging on dirty.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Looks like I need to save up for a trip to Halfords and go for the Maguires treatment. I am having a tough time getting my Nighthawk Black to look how it should.

Has anyone else has problems with the paint chipping too easily? My bonnet is already covered in visible chips. I took it back to the dealer and he measured the paint thickness. It turns out the paint on the bonnet is only half the thickness of the rest of the car, so (pending Honda approval) I will be getting a bonnet respray.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I have a chip on the front wing, but whatever did it has gone through the paint and taken a piece of metal with it, there is actually a burr on the wing......... I do need to get that looked at.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i just personally think that paint these days is so crap and weak, i dont care about pollution, especially when it comes to black cars you need a stronger paint.

also nissan is almost ready to sell its self healing paint which i would love, it just expands in heat or something and covers marks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts