2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi what sort of price should i be looking at to get this fixed.
Some delightful person hit my car and drove off while i was parked up.
Not sure when it happend as i go to work in dark come home in dark.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
Quite a bit i would have thought, so why not get a colour matched spray and do it yourself. Not difficult. A bit of time and patience and no one will ever know.

This assumes there is no damage other than the light scratches shown.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Plastic can be brought back to near perfect condition in my experience with body shops, but it is expensive. Can't really provide you any estimates but we're talking hundreds to get work done usually (I had a dent/scrape repaired on my bumper which was £250).

Can't speak for the door, as it's metal it'll probably be more expensive and harder to put right.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try your DA, you’d be surprised how much it will improve it. A smart repair should be under £150
Hiya Shaun hope you are well!
I had a play on sunday and it made a mess of the pad and didn't want to cause more damage.
Going to get some quotes as its doing my head in

UTO

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
How much can you feel with your nail?

Looking at that from here, I'd suggest wet sanding followed by a DA polish to return the shine. You'll probably be able to reduce it to just the deeper marks without too much effort :)

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quite a bit with my nail might give it another go just don't want to damage it even more.
What grit should i use?

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
if it's lacquer damage then I'd try sanding it with 1500grit wet and dry then use a cutting compound like g3 , if I was you I'd get it checked from a few bodyshops first before you attempt it see what they say if they think it can be buffed out then go for it ,if the scratches are through to the base coat then it will need painting , £150 approx for the bumper and £250 approx for the door...

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Before you start with the sand paper, have you ever done it before?

Otherwise, a decent professional detailer should be able to get that out with minimal sanding at 3000 and some medium cut polish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts